News and Information: May 23, 2018 - Camping Registration is Open
Camping registration for the 2018 Waupaca Boatride Volleyball Tournament is now open.
Camping is a cheap alternative to hotels as it's one flat price for the whole weekend versus a per night rate. The campground is located right across the street from Brighton Acres and all of the festivities.
There are three types of campsites that you can register for: a 20x40 foot regular site ($65 for the weekend), a 20x40 foot family/quiet site ($65 for the weekend) and a 40x40 foot RV/double site ($115 for the weekend).
Note: The 2018 campgrounds will be on a different property this year (see below). Due to wet weather conditions, we've been unable to work on or map the new grounds yet, which means we can't allow people to choose their own site locations. Sites will be assigned on a first come, first served basis. If you need to organize sites with others, please try to register on the same day and use the Notes section to let us know who you want to be near. We will do our best to group sites together.
Once we have a detailed campground map completed, we will email site number confirmations to people that have registered. We should have the map finished by the end of June.
May 22, 2018 - New Vendor: Project Athlete
Project Athlete is a sport & athletic fitness training company that focuses on helping every individual of any age to improve their overall athletic performance as well as their quality of life. We offer group fitness, private training & bootcamp class sessions as some of the avenues to ensure our clients see results. Our recipe is simple and proven to be effective: a little bit or sweat + added sacrifice = deserved success. View Event Promotion
May 11, 2018 - Hotel Update
We have secured a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn Fond du Lac. The hotel is 17 miles from the grounds. Call 920-923-1440 and mention Waupaca Boatride Volleyball Tournament for a special rate.
May 6, 2018 - Photo Contest Voting
Thank you to everyone that has sent in their photos last year. We received hundreds of photos from 25 different people. We've added over 70 of the best ones to our Facebook page for you to vote on. View the Photos Now!
Please vote for your favorite photos by Liking and Sharing them. Winners will receive entry fees or Boatride gear. You may Like as many photos as you want. You may also tag people in the photos if you know who they are. Voting ends on Wednesday Mar 23. The amount of Likes represents 60% of the voting process. The other 40% is from the vote of the Waupaca Boatride panel.
May 2, 2018 - Camping Update
Camping registration is going to be delayed until later in May. We are in the process of moving the campgrounds to a new property this year and the late snow storm has set us back a bit. We will make an announcement as soon as we open registration.
Feb 28, 2018 - 2018 Registration is Now Open
Registration is now open for the 2018 Waupaca Boatride/US Open Grass Volleyball Tournament. The event will be held at Brighton Acres, The Bar of Oshkosh and Rev's Bowl Bar & Grill in Oshkosh, Wisconsin on July 13-15, 2018.
2018 change: We have brought back Men's & Women's Grass Doubles on Friday. We don't have enough sand courts to meet demand, so grass is the alternative.
Aug 30, 2017 - Watch the 2017 Triples Championships
Jul 18, 2017 - 2018 Dates
We have received a lot of emails asking when the next Waupaca Boatride is. For those wondering, we are always scheduled around the second Saturday of July. The dates for 2018 are July 13-15.
Oshkosh will be host to both Lifefest and Rock USA on that same weekend, so hotel space will be extremely limited. You will want to book your hotels ASAP if that's the route you prefer for lodging.
Jul 9, 2017 - Photo Contest Submissions
We're officially taking submissions for the photo contest. Some of the photos we've already seen are amazing, so send them to us by the end of the month and we'll post our favorites to Facebook and have a contest. The Grand prize is a free entry to next year's event, and if we use your photos for our 2018 marketing materials, we will make sure to give you credit. For more details on how to submit your photos, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over $40K in Cash and Prizes!
"Had a great time this year at the Waupaca Boatride Volleyball Tournament. You guys do an excellent job. Thanks for another fun weekend!"
- Sara P.
"This was the 1st year that I played in the Waupaca Boatride. I think it is a very well organized event and would recommend it to all volleyball players. Over-all, great job with the volleyball tournament."
- Brian H.
"The Waupaca Boatride Volleyball Tournament always draws my interest because we get to play against teams we've never seen before. This is a great change of pace and a chance to test our skills with a broader base of players."